Friday, August 2, 2013

Shopping for Scents

I love how the brain makes associations between scents and experiences/time periods, so naturally I'm in love with the concept of the demeter fragrance library

I decided to check out a few scents in person before i made my online purchase, particularly the "experience" fragrances like between the sheets, and I'm really glad i did. I started off with sunshine which was great but after trying leather..or maybe after dirt, things started going downhill. Or maybe i had just smelled too much and got nauseous...too much of a good thing?

i also noticed that a lot of the scents evolved...or changed from their initial impressions after a minute or so...maybe that's when the nausea occured

The ones i tried:
Sunshine..warm, happy bright and fun...well, sunny
Rain
Between the sheets
Wet garden
Dirt
Leather..definitely disliked
Green tea
Ocean
Thunderstorm..very masculine but wearable
Vanilla cookie dough?
Play doh..so fun
Grass
Pure soap
Baby powder?
Cannabis flower
And i really wanted to try swimming pool but it was empty

Some of these are really good...dirt is spot on..so spot on i could actually taste dirt ..that was strange. a fly even pitched on the towelette i sprayed with dirt..aha.Wet garden, pure soap, baby powder, vanilla cookie dough, green tea and sunshine were pretty good...they were almost obvious..for lack of a better word. I actually want to get thunderstorm, ocean, rain, in between the sheets...and maybe grass

I think i need to experience these scents longer to get a real sense of their meanings/ experiences. glad i got to "test" them first


How could i forget, i tried condensed milk and it brought me back to the days i ate it right out of the can

No comments:

Post a Comment