Saturday, February 9, 2013

Spongebob and the Darkness

I was watching the Night Light episode where Spongebob and Patrick are afraid of the dark and buy lights to illuminate....everything. They wonder if it's all in their imaginations. But they're still fearful of the darkness creeping up on them.

Of course i had to look at it as a metaphor for the actual darkness in our lives. But it's definitely not just in our imaginations..or is it? Positive thinking can yield very positive results and latent negativity can result in awful situations (in my experience).
And it's not just a correlation, it is sometimes blatant cause and effect.

I have yet to discover the light that keeps the negative thoughts out. But what I've been trying to do is banish the dark with positivity... which is similar to what Spongebob did with the lightbulbs. I hope that gets rid of all the internal negativity. I'm hoping and praying to be fully lit?...(for lack of a better word)

But

"if it weren't for the darkness, we wouldn't appreciate the light as much"

No comments:

Post a Comment