Sunday, February 10, 2013

Spiritual Alchemy and Christians

A friend and i had a discussion about something similar. He is Christian and I'm trying to be Christian. We were looking at spiritual alchemy as the Forbidden Apple in the Garden Eden. He believes there is only one way to salvation..according to scriptures and i believe there are alternate ways. For instance, if the Bible says you can take a bridge to another city, I'm like, well you can also fly there..but according to him my plain won't land in the city (of salvation) because the Bible says Jesus is the only way...and no man cometh into the Father but by Him.

I'm not even sure if spiritual alchemy leads to salvation. I don't know what i believe. I like the teachings of Christ and i can understand why meddling in alternate ways may appear as "eating of the forbidden fruit" and if scripture is concrete then i am wrong and i will perish beyond perishing...? (don't know how else to put this)

As a curious human being who is driven by many desires and internal conflicts, i struggle to find and accept the truth when it appears to be veering off what i was taught growing up. I love believing in God and the Bible but where does "finding your own power" fit in. I guess the issue is that if i found my own power (not very hard based on my personal experiments) i would not need God but i don't know. In clueless.

We also spoke about lost sheep and how fervently God seeks them. (sheep have been really an issue to me in writing..eg animal farm). We also spoke about how attractive things if the worlds are. In spiritual alchemy you are the world and the cosmos but scripture says you are not the world.

Lots of obvious contradictions..this will require meditation (i am also not against other religions like Islam and Buddhism and actually believe in a lot of their values/practices)

I guess the only conclusion I've come to is that i speak my mind and in open. Who knows how open too open is?

No comments:

Post a Comment