Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Greek Yogurt Coffee Scrub

I'm one of those people who believes in experimenting and not being a slave to the market. So if a product doesn't suit me I take matters into my own hands and get creative.

There's so much to be said for taking matters into your own hands. I met a girl at the CUNY Hunter school yesterday who said she paid attention to her nutrition and lost 70 lbs. If I lost 70 lbs I'd look really unhealthy but the point is that you are a human being with a brain and consciousness and sometimes you know best for yourself. Just pay attention? (I end my sentences with question marks when I'm not sure of my ideas lol)

Back to this post!!

I made a face scrub this morning with natural oil, coffee, brown sugar an Oikos yogurt.
I am super happy about it because the consistency is perfect for me, it all stays together unlike my  mud mask that I bought at LUSH. Nothing dripped and it wasn't messy at all.

And I am in love with the smell because I love coffee (any time of day).

The oil also gave my face a moisturized feel.




The only thing I didn't like about this was my choice of yogurt- coconut doesn't go well with coffee.
 And I think this is something I have to make repeatedly since there are no preservatives. 



I love LUSH's products and I love what they stand for but I still haven't gotten the right consistency with the mud mask and it's just too messy for me to use often.

Now I'm considering making a full on body scrub and foot scrub!
I'm also doing this because it is super fun for me-- I have no idea what it will do for my skin in the long run...I'm just making these things with love and a wish!



Original LUSH Post



No comments:

Post a Comment