Sunday, November 16, 2014

Meditative Art

The process of creating art is very soothing to me. ..I almost go into a spiritual mode. . If I'm alone

I love painting with my candle lit. .. sitting in a cushion and surrounded by colorful paint

Then I just let my mind/subconscious have fun on paper

The result is usually colorful and somewhat patterned or fluid

Recently I painted words to feel and dwell on




My ultimate inspiration is nature and the fluidity of sunsets, cyclical nature of the moon, instinctive wisdom of creatures and the movement of tides


I saw this little caddy and had to take a pic because it brought me back to my youth. My caddy was purple and perforated

I would pack my barbies (barbie, Ken, Tommy and Kelly) and their camping gear into this "comvee" and take them into nature (my backyard) on trips to experience waterfalls, springs and rivers to experience the richness of life. I loved taking them out when it had rained because everything was still dewy

My inspiration was clearly "the wild Thornberrys" 

being a kid on an island was so fun. .. So much adventure. . Even when it was just me and my lonesome





No comments:

Post a Comment