Sunday, June 29, 2014

Childhood Inspiration


While revisiting my childhood I thought about things that gave me inspiration

I loved sitting on the floor and watching the little mermaid on Saturday mornings. It was a ritual I fell into naturally. ...I remember being amazed at her sense of adventure. .. even in the presence of danger
I also loved her innovative side. .. she could use a fish bone or a fork as a comb

I sort of used my Barbies to explore land in a similar fashion. ... using household things like the cover of the laundry soap bottle as a laundry basket for them. ... even now at work I see little crucibles I could use as vases for my dolls. .. it's still a hobby in my mind

Back to Ariel. ... her fearlessness and fearlessness is forever inspiring to me ... especially when it came to expanding her world beyond what was the accepted norm


No comments:

Post a Comment